- 1 Frontera green cabbage, julienneed
- 2 Large carrots, julienned
- 1 package Angel hair rice noodle
- 2 tsp. olive oil (divided)
- 2 lb Crimini mushrooms
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1 pack Spring roll wrappers
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
Directions: Spring Roll Filling
- Julienne the cabbage and carrots using a cheese grater.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the package. Once the noodles are cooked, coat them with olive oil to ensure that they do not stick.
- Using a sauté pan, sauté mushrooms in a teaspoon of olive oil until colorful, then add the onion and cook for two minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the pan and sauté. Once the vegetables develop an aroma, remove from the heat and cool.
Directions: Spring Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cornstarch and water. Blend with a spoon or small whisk to create a solution. Set aside.
- Lay out the spring roll dough and place a small tablespoon of filling in the center of each square wrapper. Roll the dough like a burrito, making sure that the back end is tucked under.
- Leave a ½ inch tab at the opposite end (the open end) of the wrapper. Using your finger, spread cornstarch mixture across tab and fold over, ensuring that the end stays closed.
- Bake the rolls on a cookie sheet turning them every 10 minutes until they are crispy. Serve with dipping sauce.
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup Thai chili sauce
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- Using a food processor or blender, add all ingredients to the blender and pulse as ingredients come together. Adjust seasoning as necessary.